Fire Cider Recipe: Immunity Tonic That Supports Seasonal Allergies
Fire Cider Recipe
- + 1-quart organic apple cider vinegar
- + ½ cup horseradish root, grated
- + ½ cup of garlic, chopped
- + ½ cup of onion, chopped
- + ½ cup of ginger, grated
- + 2 small cayenne peppers (or more to taste – I do like mine spicy)
- Place all ingredients in a quart jar and cover with apple cider vinegar. I heat my vinegar before pouring it over the herbs, but it is not necessary. Cover tightly.
- Steep for 8 weeks, in a cool dark place. Shake the jar whenever you think about it. While it’s not necessary, I do like the energy it adds to my potions.
- Strain into clean jar and store in the refrigerator. It will keep for a VERY long time if stored properly.
The NTA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by promoting and linking to Amazon. Some links may be considered affiliate links, this means that that the NTA may receive a small commission that is utilize in providing free resources to our community. Any product or resource that is promoted is trusted and approved by the NTA.
Tracy Bosnian, CH, NTP, CFSP has been an herbalist since she was 14 years old, which makes this her 51st year of the practice. Her love of herbal medicine has only grown in that time. To this day, she continues to study and learn. Medicine making is a passion, one that she has nurtured. Her years teaching herbal medicine as well as working in their pharmacy at NUNM the Naturopathic College in Portland Oregon (formerly NCNM) still brings her joy and a smile to her face, as does being able to pass on this honored tradition.
Want to learn more about our paradigm?
Take our free 7-day course, Nutritional Therapy 101. In 7 days, you will learn:
- + How to eat a properly prepared, nutrient-dense, whole foods diet.
- + Why you are not just what you eat, but what you actually absorb.
- + How to balance blood sugar and increase energy.
- + Why you need healthy fats and cholesterol in your diet.
- + The critical roles of minerals and how to get more in your diet.
- + Why water is the most important nutrient and how to best hydrate.
- + The NTA Manifesto & how to learn more about Nutritional Therapy.
Sign up today!