Introduction—Access to the nutritional assessment tool, Nutri-Q.com, is restricted to those registered students, NTA professional members and healthcare practitioners authorized and given exclusive log-in access by The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.
The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 354
Olympia, WA 98507
Personal Information Collected—The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. recognizes the need for consumers to control the use and management of personal information. By personal information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This may include, but is not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, a student ID number, or a phone number.
Automatic Information Collected—Our website makes use of various technologies to collect information about types and versions of internet browsers used when accessing our web site. This information, and information about internet IP addresses, as well as date and time web pages are visited are stored in various security and traffic logs. Our service provider reviews these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we are tracking down a technical problem or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct we do not trace specific user sessions.
Personal Information Use—The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. uses personal information provided by you so that we can service your account. Also note that we may need to transfer that information to our agents or employees of our service providers. We will not sell or trade your information to unrelated third parties. When you submit a transaction via the website you may receive an email confirmation from our system. As the status of your transaction changes you may also receive notifications via email. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We may also periodically send you email notifications concerning system updates.
Third Parties—We may partner with other third parties technology providers. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect your information on our behalf. It is also against our policy to sell or trade information collected online without consumer consent. We may, however, release personal information if we are legally required to do so. If we are legally compelled to release information to a third party, The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc., may or may not notify you of this release. Notification will be at the discretion of The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. and will be based on the nature and conditions surrounding the release of information.
Information Control—Your Nutri-Q customer profile is accessible from our website and you may update it at any time. The Nutri-Q program provides you with the ability to change your profile information including such things as phone numbers, physical addresses, and email address information. You may also write to us at the address listed at the bottom of this policy to request that we make the change for you.
Confidentiality and Security—The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. takes reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected. On our website we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting your personal information. Our website is hosted in a data center which makes use of multiple levels of redundant firewalls and database encryption to protect information. Internally, we limit access to your information to those employees or agents who we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs.
Notifications—The Nutri-Q software may send you notifications via email in order to service your Nutri-Q account. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We will send the email but we cannot guarantee delivery. You are responsible for providing a valid email address and for updating it when your address changes.
Contact—Please direct all privacy related questions and concerns to the following address:
The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 354
Olympia, WA 98507
Use of the Nutri-Q and Nutritional Therapy Association websites (the “Sites”) and the content contained herein (the “Sites”) is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. (“Nutri-Q.com and NutritionalTherapy.com”). Your use of this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
- The Site is subject to protection under copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, controlled or licensed by The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. and its affiliates or by third parties. These rights are protected by common law, state laws, and U.S. and international laws. The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. expressly reserves all rights, titles, and interests in and to all copyrights, trade names, logos, patents and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Site, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and “applets”; the overall “look and feel”, processes, software, technology, and other materials which appear on this Site; and the business processes used to market products and services. You agree that your rights are limited to those granted herein, and you will not acquire any rights except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
- You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing” or “crashing;” or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
- The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Google Chrome™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us or others affected by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
- The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.
- If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc., and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site. If you violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, they have all remedies at law and in equity to enforce their rights against you to the extent applicable arising from your actions.
- Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
- This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. regarding the use of the Site.