Watch Robin Shirley: Creating successful retreats and events as an NTP or NTC
*UPDATE October 8, 2019: We have updated our program offerings since this post was originally published. Learn more about our programs.
Robin Shirley is the Founding President of Take Back Your Health Int’l, a company that hosts internationally attended health conferences and retreats across the U.S. She speaks, consults, and writes about The Take Back Your Health Lifestyle and how to reduce the symptoms of chronic illness.
Robin is also a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and a member of the American Board of Drugless Practitioners.
After coaching hundreds of patients with Chronic Lyme Disease, Autoimmune Disease, and Depression through her nutrition protocol, Robin launched Chronic Lyme Nutrition, a therapeutic nutrition protocol that teaches Chronic Lyme patients how to eat to reduce inflammation and depression, increase energy, and strengthen the immune system.
We’re also thrilled to have Robin joining us to speak at the NTA’s Business Summit in Austin, TX September 29th and 30th.
In this interview, Robin discusses:
Tips for starting events as part of your business
- – Start small. Taking small steps will help you better manage your time and efforts without getting overwhelmed
- – Do something you enjoy
Strategies for planning an event
- – Get organized and make good use of spreadsheets and other planning resources
- – Collaborate with other organizations and like-minded people
Marketing efforts that worked for Robin
- – Robin started off with flyers, word of mouth, social media, and emails. She still does those things but has become much more strategic
- – Don’t be afraid to market yourself
- – Plan the year before! Make a calendar for promotion and marketing strategies and stick to it throughout the year leading up to the event
To learn more on how to create successful retreats and events as an NTP or NTC, join Robin at our upcoming event, the NTA’s Business Summit in Austin, TX September 29th and 30th.