Watch Michelle Hoover: Growing your nutritional therapy business online
In this interview, Michelle discusses:
Advice on picking a niche:
- – If you’re talking to everyone, you’re talking to no one.
- – You can always expand your niche in the future – you’re not permanently locked in!
- – Good questions to ask:
- – What do you relate to the most?
- – What did you need/see other people needing?
- – Who can you identify with the most?
Advice on figuring out what content to write about:
- – What can you write authentically about? What have you lived? What do you genuinely want to help other people with? Write about those things!
- – Publish your blogs on Facebook, Instagram, and send to your contacts via email. Make sure to post to a platform that is share-friendly so others can share it easily.
- – Choose your social media platforms based off where your people are hanging out (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and what the platforms are used for (ex: post your recipes on Pinterest).
How does offering free content help grow your business? How would someone get started?
- – Free content helps people gain trust with you and see what kind of content you are putting out there
- – A good guide to free versus paid content:
- – Free: tell them what to do (ex: these certain foods are great to eat)
- – Paid: tell them how to do it (work with them on specifics, like bio individuality)
How did you start your blog? Where would you suggest someone goes to learn more?
- – It was overwhelming but you can put your head down and learn!
- – Pay for photography courses
- – Hire someone to help you
- – Be genuine
- – Post content that people can tag other people in
- – Create content people naturally want to share
Any advice on getting started?
- – Make sure you have a functional, mobile-friendly website
- – Build out your email list
- – Work on your social media channels
- – Publish good quality content (and be consistent with it)
- – Be genuine and be in it for the right reasons!
To learn more about building a successful nutritional therapy business: