Watch Beth Manos Brickey & Alison Marras: Strengthening your message on social media
Beth Manos Brickey, NTP and Alison Marras, NTC joined us to talk about clarifying your purpose, establishing your voice and strengthening your message on social media.
In this interview, Beth and Alison discuss:
What is your advice for staying true to your values on social media?
- – (Beth) Tell stories and share personal experiences because nobody can take that from you. Don’t try to speak like others. Be genuine! Ask yourself: “Would I be saying this to a friend?”
- – (Allison) Be yourself as much as possible. Get your message out there without caring so much about what other people are going to think.
What is your advice to someone who is just starting to create content on social media?
- – (Alison) Start somewhere! I wanted everything to be perfect at first but you have to realize that you can change your mind as your business evolves. You will look back and see how far your content has come.
- – (Beth) Remember that you’re never going to reach everyone in one post. Stay true to your experience and be genuine.
- – (Alison) Always remember, there are a million Italian restaurants in the world but people still open them. The market is not too saturated!
How do you keep up with social media platforms ever changing? And how do you focus on creating quality content?
- – (Beth) Keep your why at the forefront of your decision-making. The numbers can go up and down but you can’t go wrong if you are focusing on your why.
What is your advice on investing time in social media?
- – (Alison) Make sure you know where your target audience is and invest most of your time in that channel. Also, find planning tools to automate the process so you can spend less time on it. Have fun!
- – (Beth) Find balance; don’t try to be a perfectionist. Remember that what you have to share matters, even if only five people see it.