Watch: Amy Yates, NTP
WATCH AMY YATES, NTP DISCUSS HER TIPS FOR SUCCESS AS A NUTRITIONAL THERAPY PRACTITIONERAmy Yates is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner serving her community just outside of Austin, TX. She has an extensive educational background in biology and exercise science and professional experience working in both hospital and corporate wellness. The Nutritional Therapy Association was the perfect fit for Amy as it tied the missing pieces of her education and wellness experience together. She felt empowered by the NTA’s priority to bio-individuality and interest in a nutrient dense, whole-food diet. In 2015, Amy launched her private nutrition practice, The Grocery Girl and is sharing how she found business success by implementing small steps that led to big success.
IN THIS INTERVIEW, AMY DISCUSSES HER SMALL STEPS TO BIG SUCCESS:
- Make friends with your colleagues! They’ll help you hash out topics, assist with tricky client cases and provide lasting connections.
- If you already have a background in health or wellness (like Amy did), cultivate those relationships, send out messages and let them know your future plans and services.
- Implement the small steps. Rather than overwhelming your clients with drastic changes, start with small steps. For example, in Amy’s practice, she will focus on hydration for a whole week with some of her clients. These small steps often lead to big changes!
- Figure out where you thrive. Do you enjoy Facebook? Talking with people? By figuring out where you thrive, you’ll find it’s easy to promote yourself and be successful there.
- Find your niche. Look around your community and see what issues may arise and then develop an answer to those problems. For example, Amy’s rural town didn’t have access to nearby organic products. Amy developed shopping lists, meal plans and even worked with a personal chef to help fill this gap.
- Shine light on the individual. Nutrition is hugely important, but don’t forget about addressing the individual and their lifestyle and emotions, too!
Connect with Amy Yates, NTP at The Grocery Girl.