NUTRITIONAL THERAPY PRACTIONER (NTP) PROGRAM POLICIES:
Please refer to your signed NTP Registration Packet for the NTP Online program policies including Drop and Cancellation.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT COURSE POLICIES:
You may cancel up to the day before your CDC class begins for a full refund. Once class starts, you are no longer eligible for a refund. A full refund will be issued if the class is canceled by the NTA due to failure to meet minimum class size of students. The NTA reserves the right to approve or deny all registrations and to cancel any class due to low enrollment.
Students may request to transfer from the original Career Development Course term to an alternate class start date one time with no penalty. If the student switches start dates and does not complete the course, all tuition paid will be forfeited. This request must be completed prior to the start of the course.
Students will be required to access their coursework through the NTA’s online Learning Management System (LMS). High-speed Internet access and the ability to work in an online environment is required. Students may need to solicit outside technical support at their own expense if they need help learning to use computers or experience difficulties accessing the course content due to an issue or limitation of their device.
Code of Conduct:
The NTA works to foster a learning environment that is open and accepting of diverse opinions, experiences, and beliefs. We value the exchange of ideas and knowledge and are committed to ensuring the classroom is a safe space for all students to contribute and participate. Whether engaging in online classroom discussions or conference calls, the NTA requires that all students behave professionally, respectfully, and constructively in all interactions. Any student who disrupts the learning environment or creates an unsafe atmosphere physically or emotionally for other students will first be spoken to by the instructor. If the behavior continues, additional action will be taken by the NTA to preserve the positive learning experience of the class, which could include an NTA Initiated Drop. Students must refrain from sharing any Zoom recordings from their class with any party, including students in other classrooms, friends, family members, or other organizations to protect the privacy of other students involved in the class calls. Students must also keep any personal information shared by peers in the classroom confidential.
The Nutritional Therapy Association is committed to serving all students and will provide reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities in accordance to our ADA Policy. Students must request accommodations and provide the necessary documentation 6 weeks prior to the start of class. For full policy details, please visit NutritionalTherapy.com.
The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. prohibits any and all types of harassment, sexual harassment, or discrimination of its Instructors, Students, Mentors, or Staff by other Instructors, Students, Mentors, Staff, or outside parties. Harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected status, negatively affects morale, motivation, and job performance. It is inappropriate, offensive, and will not be tolerated. Any Instructor, Student, Course Mentor or Staff who is aware of any instances of harassment, sexual harassment, or discrimination and is not comfortable addressing the concern with the individuals involved should report the alleged act immediately to the Director of Education or the Executive Director of the NTA. If the Instructor, Student, Course Mentor or Staff is uncomfortable discussing the matter with the NTA staff, they should report the alleged act immediately to any member of the Board of Directors of the Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.
FOUNDATIONAL WELLNESS COURSE POLICIES
We are confident that this course will provide you with invaluable knowledge to improve your own health and the health of those you love, but we realize that things come up. For this reason, we offer a 30-day full return policy if you do not access any of the course modules during the first 30 days after purchasing the course. Once you click on any course module and access the Foundational Wellness course, you are no longer eligible for any refund. If you are not satisfied within the first 30 days of purchasing this course, please send an email to email@example.com with the reason you are requesting the refund and we will help you through the process.
Please also note that NTA treats violations of its “Acceptable Use Policy” very seriously, and we have no obligation to offer refunds to students who are found to be in violation of these terms, even if their requests are made within the designated refund period.
Foundational Wellness Acceptable Use Policy:
Subject to all terms and conditions herein, NTA grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access all Foundational Wellness course content, including without limitation the texts, guides, videos and all resources (collectively “Foundational Wellness Material”) solely for your own personal, non-commercial use. The Foundational Wellness Material is subject to the Non-Disclosure Agreement you entered into with NTA and is protected by U.S. and International intellectual property laws. Unless otherwise expressly provided in writing by NTA, all Foundational Wellness Material is for your personal use only and shall not be used or disseminated for any other purpose, including commercial purposes or exploitation.
You are not allowed to:
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account security at risk. You agree to immediately notify NTA of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, license, lease, rent, assign, distribute, otherwise commercially exploit or otherwise use or misuse any Foundational Wellness Material, whether in whole or in part, unless specifically authorized to do so by NTA
- Modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Foundational Wellness Material, whether in whole or in part, unless specifically authorized to do so by NTA
- Shall not access the Foundational Wellness Material in order to build a similar or competitive product or service
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any portion of the Foundational Wellness Material in any form or by any means, unless specifically authorized to do so by NTA
You acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Foundational Wellness Material and its content are owned by NTA. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Foundational Wellness Material) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth herein. All rights in the Foundational Wellness course and its content, if not expressly granted, are reserved. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms. NTA, in its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the Foundational Wellness course, upon notice to you. It is our policy to terminate the accounts of users of the site who are found to be misusing or infringing any of NTA’s copyrightable material.
This course is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. Do not disregard, avoid, or delay obtaining medical or health-related advice from your healthcare professional because of something you may have read in this course. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE HAVING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 OR THE NUMBER FOR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICE.
You agree to indemnify and hold NTA (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Foundational Wellness Material, (b) your violation of these Terms or (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. NTA reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
Subject only to the return policy set forth above, the Foundational Wellness material is provided to you on an “as-is” and “as available” basis, and NTA expressly disclaims any and all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including all warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non-infringement. Subject only to the return policy set forth above, we make no warranty that the Foundational Wellness material will meet your requirements, will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis, or will be accurate, reliable, free of viruses or other harmful code, complete, legal, or safe. if applicable law requires any warranties with respect to the Foundational Wellness material, all such warranties are limited in duration to thirty (30) days from the date of first use. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Limitation on Liability:
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall NTA be liable to you or any third party for any lost profits, lost data, costs of procurement of substitute products, or any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages arising from or relating to these terms or your use of, or inability to use, the Foundational Wellness material, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Access to, and use of, the Foundational Wellness material is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your device or computer system, or loss of data resulting therefrom.
Personal Information Collected—The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. recognizes the need for consumers to control the use and management of personal information. By personal information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This may include, but is not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, a student ID number, or a phone number.
Automatic Information Collected—Our website makes use of various technologies to collect information about types and versions of internet browsers used when accessing our web site. This information, and information about internet IP addresses, as well as date and time web pages are visited are stored in various security and traffic logs. Our service provider reviews these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we are tracking down a technical problem or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct we do not trace specific user sessions.
Personal Information Use—The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. uses personal information provided by you so that we can service your account. Also note that we may need to transfer that information to our agents or employees of our service providers. We will not sell or trade your information to unrelated third parties. When you submit a transaction via the website you may receive an email confirmation from our system. As the status of your transaction changes you may also receive notifications via email. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We may also periodically send you email notifications concerning system updates.
Third Parties—We may partner with other third parties technology providers. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect your information on our behalf. It is also against our policy to sell or trade information collected online without consumer consent. We may, however, release personal information if we are legally required to do so. If we are legally compelled to release information to a third party, The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc., may or may not notify you of this release. Notification will be at the discretion of The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. and will be based on the nature and conditions surrounding the release of information.
Information Control—Your Nutri-Q customer profile is accessible from our website and you may update it at any time. The Nutri-Q program provides you with the ability to change your profile information including such things as phone numbers, physical addresses, and email address information. You may also write to us at the address listed at the bottom of this policy to request that we make the change for you.
Confidentiality and Security—The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. takes reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected. On our website we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting your personal information. Our website is hosted in a data center which makes use of multiple levels of redundant firewalls and database encryption to protect information. Internally, we limit access to your information to those employees or agents who we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs.
Notifications—The Nutri-Q software may send you notifications via email in order to service your Nutri-Q account. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We will send the email but we cannot guarantee delivery. You are responsible for providing a valid email address and for updating it when your address changes.
Contact—Please direct all privacy related questions and concerns to the following address:
The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 354
Olympia, WA 98507
Use of the Nutri-Q and Nutritional Therapy Association websites (the “Sites”) and the content contained herein (the “Sites”) is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. (“Nutri-Q.com and NutritionalTherapy.com”). Your use of this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
- The Site is subject to protection under copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, controlled or licensed by The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. and its affiliates or by third parties. These rights are protected by common law, state laws, and U.S. and international laws. The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. expressly reserves all rights, titles, and interests in and to all copyrights, trade names, logos, patents and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Site, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and “applets”; the overall “look and feel”, processes, software, technology, and other materials which appear on this Site; and the business processes used to market products and services. You agree that your rights are limited to those granted herein, and you will not acquire any rights except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
- You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing” or “crashing;” or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
- The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Google Chrome™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us or others affected by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
- The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.
- If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc., and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site. If you violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, they have all remedies at law and in equity to enforce their rights against you to the extent applicable arising from your actions.
- Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
- This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and The Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc. regarding the use of the Site.