About the NTP Program
The Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP®) Program couples the flexibility of self-paced, online study with the benefits of instructor-led conference calls and three in-person workshops. Students will receive access to comprehensive learning materials, reference documents, and video and audio lectures through NTTConnect, the NTA’s online learning management system.
NTP Course Requirements
Course requirements consist of module-based homework and quizzes, book reviews on required texts, a community outreach project, a series of client-practitioner exercises, a midterm exam (written and practical), and a final exam (written and practical). To take the course, students must have reliable, high-speed Internet access and be comfortable working in a primarily online environment.
During the Instructor-led conference calls, students will review the audio and video lecture materials and join in class discussions that complement the curriculum. In addition, students may schedule individual phone conferences to clarify any questions about the course or curriculum during instructor office hours. Students can also ask questions and hold discussions in the online forums.
The 3 mandatory workshops (10 days in total) include hands-on instruction in the NTA’s unique Functional Evaluation and Lingual-Neuro Testing process, diet and lifestyle assessments, review of course material, and midterm and final examinations (both written and practical). Students can only miss a total of 8 hours of workshop hours (the equivalent of 1 workshop day) to receive NTP certification. If more than 8 hours are missed, students must make up the hours by arranging to attend another workshop (permission from both Lead Instructors is required) or paying a Lead Instructor for private tutoring at their standard hourly rate.
Upon completion of the program, passing the midterm and final, and completing all homework, one will be certified as a “Nutritional Therapy Practitioner”™ by the Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.®. Note that a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner does not diagnose or treat disease, but instead makes nutritional recommendations for balancing the body and promoting optimal wellness. NTPs are approved by the NTA as a certifying organization, but are not licensed or certified by any state. Please check with your state for specific information on licensing requirements.
Learn More about the NTP Program
- Download the 2016-17 Course Catalog
- Download the NTP Reading List & Assignments document
- Download the Registration Packet & Hear a Free Audio Overview
Fall 2016-2017 Classes
- Registration Opens June 20th, 2016
- Registration Closes September 12th, 2016
- Course begins September 19th, 2016
Click the links below for workshop dates and venues:
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Austin, TX – Wait List
- Hartford, CT
- Los Angeles, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- Sacramento, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Seattle, WA
- Washington, D.C.
Tuition for the Fall 2016-17 NTP Program is $5,400.
The tuition fee includes access to:
- 3 multi-day hands-on workshops at the end of each 3-month term.
- Video and audio lectures, course materials, and reference materials via the NTA’s online learning system.
- Q & A calls with Lead Instructors twice per month, weekly Instructor office hours, and student forums maintained by your class instruction team.
Tuition does not include:
- Required texts (see the Required Reading page for more information).
- Required workshop tools (including a stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, student supplement test kit, pH tape, and pen light). A massage table is not required but highly encouraged for practicing the Functional Evaluation.
- Travel costs for the mandatory workshops (e.g. airfare, hotels, rental cars, parking, etc.)
Winter 2017 Classes
- Registration will open October 10th, 2016
- Registration will close February 6th, 2017
- Course will begin February 13th, 2017
- Bend, OR
- Brisbane, Australia*
- Burlington, VT
- Denver, CO
- Herndon, VA
- Minneapolis, MN
- New York, NY
- Olympia, WA
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Toronto, Canada
Does not include required texts, testing equipment for the mandatory workshops (e.g. supplement test kit, stethoscope & blood pressure cuff), travel, hotels, etc.
*Note that tuition for the Brisbane NTP class is $5,900 USD.
Financing for U.S. classes is available from The Tulip Credit Union. Download an application below. Registration will be confirmed upon receipt of tuition in full.
Financing for the NTP Australia class is available from Auswide Bank.
See the NTA Australia site for more information.
Currently, financing is not available for Canada-based classes.